On the way in to work this morning, I heard this story on NPR, which debunks various "Water Myths" out there. One of them is that water helps you lose weight.
I do try to drink 6 glasses of water a day...but I'll admit I'm not as good as I'd like to be. Some days, I get home and realize that all I've had all day long would be coffee and Diet Coke. Yikes! So I am trying to track my water and make sure that I have my 6 glasses. Last night, this caused me to stand by the fridge chugging a couple glasses of water. So, those chugging skills I acquired in college had been useful...go figure.
I guess the next step is to get some new water bottles. We've got a few Nalgene bottles around here, but with the whole BPA scare I guess I should look into some new ones.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What chugging skills are you talking about?
Dad
I am a water nazi. I don't feel right if I don't have my 8 glasses in. I, too, will chug them if I'm behind. I have the Sigg water bottles and love them. They are pricey though!
I am with Steel Magnolia on the water. The more water I drink the better I feel. I have found that times when I drink less water, my weight drifts up a couple of pounds. I know a lot of the time when I feel hungry I am actually thirsty and water takes care of it. We have an entire cabinet of water bottles, and those are the adult ones!
I tossed and/or recycled all of our "scary plastic" ones a few months ago and now am a Sigg fan. At my desk I go Old School though and have a pitcher of water and a regular old breakable glass glass and I usually empty the pitcher by the end of the work day. I'm with you on lots of Diet DP and coffee in there too though. What's going to make me give up the Diet DP? Lord knows I've tried.
Post a Comment