Monday, April 14, 2008

oops...i did it again

I got on the scale, that is. One of my worst habits is I weigh myself every day. I know I shouldn't, that daily fluctuations are normal blahblahblah...and yet I choose to torture myself almost every damn day. Usually, I'm fine with what the scale says, except of course today.

You see, I was *really good* this weekend. I actually have Flex Points left over (which never happens to me...I usually eat them all and then some on the weekends). When we went out to lunch with friends on Saturday, I made a healthy choice (eggs benedict with the Hollendaise on the side and fruit salad) as opposed to getting a sandwich with fries. I journaled all weekend. I worked out HARD on both days. I even drank my water.

And when I got on the scale this morning, I had gained 2 pounds. Blip in the radar? Probably. Logically, I know it shouldn't get me down...but it does. I've got less than two weeks until Ireland and, though I need to pack light, I really should bring something to wear on my lower half. On the bright side, it's keeping me honest today. Hopefully by Wednesday my hard work will show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the scale . . . it's not you!

Hang in there!

Kara

Steel Magnolia said...

I do this all the time...it will come off...but it does suck, huh?