Tuesday, April 8, 2008

a gets the blame, too

I know that, in order to lose weight *and* feel better about myself, I need to make changes in my diet and work out consistently. Starting in January, I made the commitment to getting up early and getting on the elliptical trainer. And, for a while I had been doing well. But, for the past month or so, I have fallen off the workout wagon. Why?

I'm tired. Damn tired.

Because of her recent string of ear infections, A's sleeping has been horrendous. And when you are up in the middle of the night, getting up at 5:30 to work out doesn't seem like the best use of your time. So I've been sleeping later and not working out. I thought we had turned a corner this weekend when she slept well on Saturday and Sunday night. I actually woke up without my alarm at 5 am to work out yesterday. It was great! But...last night she got up at 4:15. And I finally went back to sleep at 5 am...so I turned my alarm set for 5:30 off. No workout for me today.

From now on, I'm going to assume that I am never going to sleep through the night again. I'm going to commit to working out both days on the weekends, when I have time to do so. And I'm going to strive for at least two workouts during the week. Might not be ideal, but it's the best I can do for now.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

I'm with you sistah! It is hard to try and workout only to be that much more extraordinarily tired later in the day. Your sleep is just as important as working out to weight loss...really! If you don't get enough sleep there is an overabundance of cortisol...or something like that that makes you eat more. It's a vicious cycle.

Once a week working out is better than not at all!