Thursday, April 3, 2008

back in the saddle again

So, yesterday, I did really well counting my points. But, let's face it...if I didn't do well yesterday with all the hoopla around me starting a new blog devoted to me dieting, I'd be in serious trouble! But, still, I take victories when I can get them...no matter how small.

It was a little tough late in the day. John was late in getting home, so I fed the girls and we ate after they went to bed. I broke out my handy bag of baby carrots and ate some rather than pick mindlessly off their plate. Yay...ME!

And, the girls had Girl Scout Cookies for dessert...and someone left a Tagalong just sitting on the table. Sure, it had probably been licked or something, but it looked *damn* good. Luckily, John threw it away while I was tucking the girls in so I didn't get a chance to devour it in one bite wasn't tempted by it any more.

Trying out a new recipe for tonight -- a baked pasta. Hopefully, it's good because it was super easy to make and I was able to sneak in the Barilla Plus pasta without any of my picky eaters knowing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats - a day w/out a tagalong is a day of determination.

Love,
Zams

Anonymous said...

I have to second that. Anyone that can resist the spare tagalong (licked or not) deserves a big pat on the back!

marathon mom said...

Good day!!!!!! I could never pass up a cookie- except for the Thin Mint Julia held onto for half the day when she had the stomach bug, although it was tempting