Up 2 pounds. Ugh.
Intellectually, I know that I shouldn't get down about this. It's such a blip in the radar -- I'm still 20 pounds less than I was at the beginning of the year. My pants are nearly falling off me. I'm wearing the last pair of pre-E work pants that I couldn't fit into, so all that's left is a kick-ass pair of designer jeans.
But...but...but!
I'm frustrated. I'm incredibly frustrated with this gain. I'm incredibly frustrated that it's freaking October 8th...I've been at this weight loss for 10 months and yet I'm still chugging away at getting to goal. Shouldn't I be there yet?
I'm frustrated that I worked out twice in the last week. That I couldn't on Monday morning because I would have woken my entire sick family asleep in my bed and didn't on Tuesday because I was so damn exhausted from Sunday night. And that when I got up this morning in the 5-o'clock hour to work out, I was on the elliptical trainer for 2 minutes before the yells from A over the monitor began. And since John had to be at work early, I had to forsake my workout (again) to take care of her. I'm not asking for a leisurely 2-hour workout in the middle of the day for goodness sakes -- just a measly 30 minutes in the morning before the sun is even up -- is that too much to ask?!?!
So here I am at the start of another week. Five pounds to lose before my birthday and only 3 weeks to do it. Quite frankly I'm not even sure I'm going to be able to do it. Right now, I'm not even sure I'll ever get there.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You can do it- don't get frustrated if it is not by your birthday!!! Aim for Thanksgiving, we all need to be a bit lighter by the start of the holidays!
You can do it! Look how far you've come...we believe in you. Get this...I ran 13 miles on Saturday and by Monday morning I was up 5 freaking pounds. Of course today I'm back to normal, but I was so upset. I retain ALOT of water. Maybe that's all it is...
Hang in there...I know your pain. So frustrating, but 20+ pounds is so amazing. You know how crazy it can swing week to week, so many factors affect it. Drink some wine and have a good weekend!
Post a Comment