John called earlier today and I asked him what he was up to. It just so happened he had an appoinment in my neck of the woods that ended around lunch time, and was free until 2. Since my boss is out of town and it's my birthday tomorrow, we decided to have a lunch date at Sweetwater Tavern to celebrate.
When I get to Sweetwater for lunch, I get the Roast Chicken Salad and try my darndest to avoid their delish bread. However, today the waitress told us that the appetizer special was the calamari. One of their sister restaurants rocks the calamari, so John and I went for it. Then when it came time to order, the warming comfort of the Pork BBQ sandwich won out over the salad. I did sub the fries though...for sweet potato fries (which are marginally healthier).
I just finished journaling lunch. It's not pretty.
But you know what? I'm fine with that. It was a delicious meal with great company. It was something we rarely have time to do. And the food? While not the healthiest choices were all things that I cannot (or do not) prepare at home.
If this weight loss is going to stick around...I have to remember that a meal (or two) that is a splurge is not off track. It's just a meal or two that is a splurge....and go back to my regularly scheduled eating!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Birthday calories don't count . . . so indulge! You deserve it!
Kara
I agree with Kara...you have to indulge every now and then. You only live once...and it is your birthday! Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment