Monday, June 2, 2008

tallying them up

Well, after a weekend with my family -- the food! the wine! the food! -- I did go over my flex points this weekend. But, I did write everything down, and I plan staying totally on plan today and tomorrow to try to counteract my weekend transgressions. I also plan on making up the difference in activity points (aka, working out) today and tomorrow. I got my heiny up and worked out for 45 minutes this morning. I guess we'll see what happens on Wednesday.

Moving on, Sweet Pea Chef asked me how I figured the points for her Chicken Tetrazzini. Basically, I added up all the points values for all of the ingredients and divided by the number of servings.

For example...we made the super-easy Blueberry Cobbler again on Saturday night. This is how I figured the points:

  • Butter: 18 points
  • Flour: 9 points
  • Baking Powder, Nutmeg, Salt: 0 points
  • Sugar: 15 points
  • Whole milk: 3 points
  • Blueberries: 2 points
  • Total: 47 points
Because there were so many of us at dinner, we cut it into 9 squares.
47 points divided by 9 servings = 5.2 points (I rounded up to 5.5)
We usually do 6 pieces, so it ends up being 7.8 points (I round up to 8). However, I noticed that a lot of the reviewers online cut the butter down from 6 T to 4 T, which would cut out 6 points total (and 1 point out of a serving when we make our 6 serving slices!).

So there you have it. A little math and a new, easy recipe to boot!

1 comment: