Thursday, June 26, 2008

i know what he means

Back when Kiki and I were in college, we had a family tradition for Easter. Rather than Kiki and I going home, my parents would come down to Charlottesville, and we would eat at the Aberdeen Barn. Because really...how better to celebrate the holiest of all days than eating cheese from a jar and mass quantities of beef?

Anyway, one year, my dad had lost quite a bit of weight. Since Kiki and I hadn't seen him in a while, we were really taken (and impressed). Over lunch we were talking about what he was doing, how it was going, etc, when one of us asked him if he could tell the difference.
"You know, I can feel it in my pants!" my dad exclaimed in the middle of the quiet steakhouse.
Ah. That story cracks me up.

Anyway, yesterday I wore my bug pants. I figure, since I own 5 pairs of the same size/fit of pant that it'd be easy to make them my official weigh-in pants without having to wear the same thing week after week. Now, I was able to wear them last week...but this week they were definitely more comfortable and, dare I say, looser.

I can feel it in my pants, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! Your posts are motivating and fun to read.

I'm headed to the gym shortly. I hope to "feel it in my pants" soon!