Monday, June 30, 2008

benefits of a dieting wife

On Saturday, we went to my parents house for dinner. My dad's birthday was last week, so it was a birthday dinner...which my mom pulled out all the stops on this one. We had breaded steak and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner and homemade blueberry cake for dessert.

Knowing full well what the menu was beforehand, I offered up being the designated driver home to John. I definitely wanted to use most of my points on my mom's dee-licious home cooking, and would suffer through only drinking one glass of wine to do so.

Normally selection of the return-trip driver involves a little bit more of a battle between John and I...usually containing various one-up-manships ("but I let you sleep in this morning!") and calls to the memory bank ("I drove home last time"), so my unprompted offering was a welcome change.

Then I realized...for John, me being on Weight Watchers is like pregnancy...only better! He gets the go-to designated driver...but instead of getting bigger and bigger, I'm getting skinnier! It's a win-win!

No comments: