I am so angry at you and your show for continuing to talk about "Dancing with the Stars". The fact that Marisa Jaren Winkour continues to be on this show despite her overweight status is unacceptable. How can I teach my children that being overweight cannot be tolerated if people like her continue to be shown on TV. The fact Shannon Elizabeth was eliminated last because she is pretty is, while Marisa Jaren Winkour continues to be on the show is a disgrace. You should stop talking about the show and all viewers should boycott until she is removed.Wow. Just wow.
The jist of her message is horrifying enough. She is conciously teaching her children that being overweight is unacceptable? But, because I wasn't familiar with Marisa Jaren Winkour, I had to head on over to People to figure out who she is. Here is a picture.
This is who this woman is so disgusted with. What I see is a young, vivacious woman strutting her stuff on national TV. Here I fret about those last few pounds that I want to lose before bathing suit season, and Marisa Jaren Winkour is twirling around in what amounts to a bedazzled swimsuit...and from the looks of it having the time of her life.Is she the thinnest woman to ever be on national TV? Not by a long shot. By I guarantee you that she is a much more reasonable role model for the youth of America then most of the stick-thin women we see on TV. Rather than cowering in the corner, wishing her life away, she is living life to the fullest -- and being active all the while to boot!
I've mentioned before that I worry about my girls picking up on any issues I have with my body as they grow up. But, honestly, I feel so sorry for the children of that woman, who are learning that their self-worth and her love are inextricably tied to their weight.
1 comment:
That's how to put things in perspective and that's my girl!!!!
Your lovin' Mama
Post a Comment