Friday, May 9, 2008

note to self

Dear Slacker Mama,

Next time you work out for the first time in over two weeks (especially when one of those weeks was spent on vacation drinking large quantities of beer at Irish pubs) and you are going at a pace that is *much* faster than you were prior to your hiatus...don't think to yourself "This is awesome! I feel great! I'm on fire! It's like I never stopped exercising!" Because, approximately 45 seconds after you think this YOU WILL FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.

Because, you know what...even before you went on vacay you had no business elliptical-ing at that pace...what the hell made you think it was a good idea after the hiatus AND the week you had?

But, chin up, Slacker Mama! At least you worked out today! Not enough to cancel out the Snickerdoodles you scarfed down ate this evening, but you know what I mean.

Love,
Slacker Mama

No comments: