Wednesday, September 24, 2008

wednesday weigh-in: +0.4 lbs

So a fun-filled wedding weekend led to a gain this week. I'm a little frustrated I couldn't even bang out a 0.2 lb loss...but oh well. I *did* stay at over 20 pounds lost, which was nice...it would have hated to have not been at that point this week.

I talked to my WW leader about the fact that I've somewhat stalled in the weight-loss front this morning. She said that I shouldn't call my goal weight until it's a weight that I'm happy with and is maintainable. She mentioned that she's seen people try to "play the game" of picking a goal weight and then trying to lose more (*cough*like I was going to*cough*)...and those people generally don't do very well. Conversely, picking an unrealistically low goal weight sets people up for failure, too (e.g., if I stuck to my goal weight from 2003).

I'm starting to agree with her and I think I'm going to stick with WW until I reach my goal weight before heading to maintenance. After all, I attribute a lot of my success to WW, so I might as well follow the plan as it was intended rather than try to save a few bucks. I also think that, since my Fall is a time I tend to gain and then we're at the holidays...it will be good that I'm in a losing mindset and financially accountable for my weight loss.

On the bright side, I'm only 5 pounds from what I think is a reasonable goal for me. It's my bling weight, my happy weight, and is a few pounds higher than my goal weight from a few years back (and therefore, I think, maintainable). And, lets be honest, since 9 months ago I thought I'd never see this number as a possibility...I'm pretty damn happy about it.

No comments: