Wednesday, September 10, 2008

wednesday weigh-in: +0.4 lbs

So, I was up 0.4 lbs this morning. Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh! This sucks. I've been in a holding patttern for the past *5* weeks -- gaining and losing the same damn pound.

I guess this is what some people call a plateau, eh?

For those of you Excel nerds visually-oriented people, I've created a graph of my weight loss, seen below. (Hint: You can click on it to see a bigger version, if you'd like.) My weight loss/gain/loss is in pretty Pink. The other lines are my weight loss at a 1.5, 1.0 and 0.5 lb/week rate. You can see I'm getting a wee bit close to the 0.5 lb/week rate. We're talking turtle-slow here, people!
As you can see, I'm a wee bit frustrated right now. I'm trying to look at the bright side: I'm not gaining more than 1 lb here...I'm still down almost 20 pounds in 2008...I feel better about myself...My pants fit again (and actually may be too big!). But sometimes it's hard. So I'm setting two mini-goals for myself:
  1. Get to 20 pounds lost by 9/24. That's the weigh in before A's birthday. I'd like to be at that "milestone" loss by the time she turns two. Since I blame most of this weight on her (and her sister).
  2. Get to 25 pounds lost by 10/29. That's my birthday. This would be my ultimate goal weight. I would love to ring in my 34th year in a pair of designer jeans. Also, there's the bling factor, which I don't think I've discussed on this blog yet. Around my birthday last year, John and I entered a weightloss bet...the first to 25 pounds won -- he could go to any and all football games that he wanted to if he won, I would get a diamond anniversary band if I won. So, if I reach that goal by my birthday...I'd be making his gift selection very easy.

So there you have it...two goals to shake things up.

5 comments:

Queen Mommy said...

Diamonds... Not a bad motivator! I still can't believe John did not jump on that deal. I will try my best to make healthy food choices this weekend wehn you are around. However,with my (soon to be) 160 lb weight gain in the last 4 years there is no gaurantee.

Slacker Mama said...

When we told my parents about the bet (which was after the gluttony of the Ohio State/Penn State game, btw) my dad asked John, "Going to a football game every weekend? Don't you already do that?"

And at one point in the winter my dad pointed out that this might be a bet "where there is no winner."

He's a funny (and observant) guy!

JerseyBaby said...

One, how were you not motivated by the bling before this point?!

Two, the spreadsheet. So not surprised. ;)

Deep in the Heart said...

Love the graph and I'm in with Dane's comment. My brother-in-laws biggest worry with Ike is that he'll miss the televised OSU vs USC game Saturday night.

marathon mom said...

You can do it!!! I have been thinking about that bet since you made it- a very good deal indeed! I'll help you shop- I am in need of some bling myself!!!