Wednesday, September 17, 2008

wednesday weigh-in: -1.8 lbs

TWENTY POUNDS! Since January 1, 2008 I have lost over *20* pounds! I have to admit, I was a little shocked to see that big of a loss today.

We went up to Philadelphia to hang out with the Party of FiveSoon-to-be Six clan, and I felt like I was eating a lot. However, I think my portions were under control (1 piece of pizza and a small piece of cake on Friday night), and even though I was grazing a lot on Saturday, it was on veggies (and dip) and soft pretzels -- not ideal, but not the worst thing for you. Add to that an hour-plus long walk around the neighborhood with me manning their dog's leash...and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

So I achieved my goal of 20 lbs by A's birthday a week early! And, when I roll up weeks 13-24 next week...it'll be 20.8 lbs lost! Yay! Not only that, I'm in another pair of work pants that I bought right before I got pregnant with E. I have a pair that's still tight...so I won't cross it off my list until I wear those, but yay!

This weekend, I have a wedding in Richmond that I'll be attending. Luckily, I'm going down on Saturday, so I don't think I'll be going too overboard. It's going to be great because I'm wearing a dress I wore to a wedding this time last year. I was Spanx-ed within an inch of my life and that dress was still too tight (you can see it pulling at the waist and I was flashing my bra all night). I tried the dress on last week...and guess what? No Spanx are necessary! Not only that, I would imagine that if I were trying it on in a store, I would be trying the size down to see if it fit better. I'll try to post comparison pictures next week to see if we can see the difference.

Oh, and next week? As long as I lose weight (even if it is 0.2 lbs), I'm going to call it "Goal" at my Weight Watchers meetings. I'll probably try to continue losing after that, but I want to make Lifetime so I can stop paying for meetings. I'm cheap like that.

3 comments:

Pigtails and Pacifiers said...

That is so GREAT! All the hard work does pay off. 20 lbs. since Jan. is awesome. Have fun at the wedding.

Steel Magnolia said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

marathon mom said...

Awesome!!!! I can't wait to see the comparison pictures. Have fun tonight.