I work in an office three days a week. For me, there are many things to complain about when it comes to working in the office -- the commute, my actual cube location, etc. However, the office does have its advantages.
My office's cafeteria is actually really really good. The focus on organic and locally-grown food and they make a lot of items (e.g., salad dressings) in house. Now, most days I brown-bag my lunch. But I often run up for some veggies from the salad bar and a teeny little bit of their to-die-for peppercorn buttermilk ranch dressing for an afternoon snack.
Today, however, I was drawn in by the Healthy Choice meal, which was chicken with roasted red pepper sauce and roasted vegetables. My goodness, it was restaurant quality. I just devoured the whole thing and am really really sad that it's gone. And clocking in at 6points -- my estimation for the chicken breast @ 4pts, sauce @ 1pts and olive oil on the veggies @ 1pts -- it's not much higher than what I would usually eat.
But the best part about being in the office today? There's a farmers market outside. I guess they having a local farmer bring his stuff every Thursday during lunch time. Since I was unsure what our weekend plans were, I only got some fresh peaches and blackberry jam...but I'm totally psyched to stock up next week.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment