After having a slight nervous breakdown mid-week...John let me sleep in on Saturday, took the girls to breakfast and told me to go shopping and do whatever I want for as long as I want. So, I headed out to the mall to see if I could find a dress or cute outfit to wear to a party next weekend.
I was a little wary of the whole process, as the last time I went shopping it did not turn out well. My first stop (again) was The Loft. They were having a sale and I picked up an assortment of pants and dresses to try on.
They didn't fit this time either. They were too big.
It was *awesome*. The pants and shorts and skirts I was struggling to fit in were too big, so I ended up going down a size. I found a pair of shorts (my first pair purchased in this century!), a shirt and two cute dresses to pick from this weekend.
The best part about it? My attitude. I did try on some stuff that just didn't look good on. But I thought to myself, "Eh, not for me" as opposed to "This doesn't fit me because I'm huge and gross and WAH!" Rather than looking at trying on clothes as torture, I accepted it at face value...figuring out what fits and what doesn't.
So, I guess you could say it was a successful trip in more than one way.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment