Tuesday, July 8, 2008

size is just a number

Ever since I weighed in on Wednesday, I've had a little bit of a spring in my step. It's just so so so so nice to be able to walk in my closet and know that what I'm going to put on is going to fit. No getting frustrated that my pants still are too tight...no leaving a wake of unwearable pants on the bottom of my closet floor. And, what's crazy is that I've realized that it's good enough for me.

Last summer, when I started back working again, I bought 4 pairs of those JCrew Favorite Fit pants. Whether or not to even purchase the pants was a decision I struggled with, partly because I'm cheap, but mainly because I *didn't* want to be this size. I wanted to be smaller. But things didn't go as planned and soon they weren't fitting me, not because I was too small but because they were too small.

Now? If I get to a point where they fall off me...great! But if not...if I eat healthy (most of the time) and work out when I can (and when A doesn't keep me up half the not) and I am still in these pants a year from now, that's great too. But I'm happier with the way I look and what I'm doing to get there.

And sometimes that's all that matters.

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

Yeah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you can really see the weight loss. Love your philosophy - it took me 60+ years to get there. You're wise beyond your years.

Love,
Zams