So, I'm at a bit of a crossroads right now with two things: what to do with this blog...and what to do with my weight.
First of all, the blog. I really do credit posting my weigh-ins and the support from the commenters as to part of the success I've had over the past year. But, these days it seems a bit weird posting a weekly update. I mean, I'm maintaining. There are going to be up weeks and there are going to be down weeks...it's life. I feel weird posting 0.6 lb gains and 0.8 lb losses because then I feel the need to justify them and there really isn't a reason anymore. Then I thought I'd still post my oh-so-witty commentary on weightloss and what not, but since I'm suffering from a little writer's block as it is...that really isn't happening.
So...I don't know what to do. Should I just stop posting and and call it a day? Post every now and again when I feel like it? Or shoudl I continue with the normal posting including wednesday Weigh-ins because you need to know exactly what I weigh at all times?
The second thing is that I'm thinking of losing a few more pounds. Nothing drastic, mind you...just the 3 or 4 to get me back to my pre-E WW goal weight. I'm not going to lie...I really didn't consider that weight as goal when I started because I thought 25 pound was going to be tough enough -- almost 30 would have been damn near impossible. But, now that I'm here, I'm wondering if I should go for it.
It's the million dollar question, isn't it? What weight should you be happy with? I feel much better about myself than I did a year ago (or even 4 months ago)...but on the other hand...I still look in the mirror (or try something on) and think that there's room for improvement.
So I just don't know...what do you think?
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
For what it's worth, here are my thoughts. I lost 25 pounds on WW online back in 2005 - then I decided to go down 5 more to pre pre baby weight. The reason I did it was to have a "cushion" - room for wine, beer, steaks, bunco night - you know what I mean. So, if that 5 goes up and down, I'm still at a happy, cool jeans wearing weight. Just my 2 cents. As for the blog - I'm a fan of both, but I can see you just combining this into the other one to simplify for you. Between work, kids, husbands, dogs, home we are busy enough!
MarcyO...I was thinking the same thing!
And thanks for the recent comments! They made me smile!
That's exactly the reason I want to lose the last 5 lbs too. I want that 'cushion' weight...as a foodie, I love to indulge every now and then and just don't want to worry about it. As long as I keep moving I'm good. I love your witty posts and would truly miss them and I am so gosh darn proud of you..
I would love for you to keep the blog but I understand if it is too much. You could possibly give those of us who are trying to lose weight some inspiration or recipe ideas. Either way you did an amazing job and it was very inspiring to me. I am down 11 pounds in 4 weeks! Only, 35 more to go....that dang baby weight.
I've loved reading this blog as I worked to shed those lovely lbs. I gained with baby #2 - you really are such a great writer! With regard to the "happy weight" question - I would really recommend reading "Thin is the New Happy." I know you have tons of time to read (ha) but this is a really worthwhile book - it's a memoir of the author's struggles with weight and how she finally figured out how to be healthy and happy but not obsessed. It's also pretty funny too - your kind of humor!
Post a Comment