Wednesday, January 7, 2009

wednesday weigh-in: -0.6 lbs

Woo hoo! However minute it was, I ended up losing a little bit this week. This is after a fantastic dinner for New Year's Eve, having con queso dip *twice* and trips to my two favorite Mexican joints (Rio and El Tio).

How'd I do it? Well, I think it was journaling the whole week...no matter how ugly it was. And, strangely enough, there was a bit of portion control going on. Usually I make one big batch of queso. But I actually halved the recipe...which provided instant portion control (because we would have eaten it all in one sitting otherwise).

The other biggie was exercise. So far, I've worked out 6 times in the New Year. That's my New Year's resolution -- working out 5-6 times a week. An ideal week would be 3 cardio sessions (30-45 minutes) on the elliptical and 3 sessions of 30 Day Shred (and maybe a bit more cardio if I can)...however, I know that life as a working mom means that I'll have to settle for less. But I'm going to try my best. So far, so good.

The funny thing is, to accomplish this, I'm going to have to make some lifestyle changes. I work out in the wee hours of the morning...so I have to be in bed earlier, which means less time just vegging in front of the TV or computer. It's been interesting so far -- I've had a very hard time getting to sleep earlier -- but I know it'll be worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! You rock!

Zams

Steel Magnolia said...

awesome girlfriend. I do the 30 day shred twice a week and run 5 days a week..getting up in the morning is the ONLY time I can do it...it's so hard, but I make myself be in bed by 10:30.