Thursday, January 8, 2009

1 for 4

Last weekend, the family and I headed to Reston Town Center for some lunch and a movie. Since we had a bit of time, we checked out the post-holiday sales at a few stores.

I'm not going to lie, my need for pants that actually fit me has reached MAJOR EMERGENCY status. I own exactly three pairs of pants that fit: my fancy-schmancy Citizens, my pair of "almost-skinny" jeans from BR and a pair of Lucky's from right after E was born. Notice a trend? Yeah...they are *all* denim. I really had nothing casual that weren't jeans.

We had a little time before the movie, so I ducked into BR. I grabbed a pair of cords and a pair of khackis from the sale rack in the same size as my jeans. I didn't have time to try them on because of the movie (and my kids were running around like wild banshees). After the movie, we stopped in JCrew where I found a pair of cords on final sale, and I picked up a pair of Favorite Fit chinos (the namesake of this blog) in the size below.

When I finally got home and tried them on...only 1 damn pair fit. One. The Banana pants were waaaaaay too tight on my ass. The Favorite Fits just fit weird...they were kind of tight on my ass too...but then weirdly baggy in the thigh. The only pair that fit were the cords (thankfully...since they weren't returnable).

I'm just so annoyed because I really have no idea what to do. In theory, all of the pants should have fit *fine*. But they don't. And I know for a fact that going up a size will be waaay to big (at least for the Favorite Fits). I guess I need to take some time and try on a bunch of different fits and see what looks best now.

You know, in all of my free time. Sigh.

No comments: