So...at the end of March/beginning of April, I did the Thirteen Day Shred, where I did Level 3 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred for 13 days in a row. For almost two weeks, I faithfully completed the workout. (Yeah...it's been over a week since I actually did this...sue me for the late update.)
The results were pretty undramatic. I lost no weight (though my eating habits might have contributed). According to my fancy-schmancy scale, I lost no body fat. I saw no results on my body. However, I did progress actually doing the workout. By the time I finished up, the only modifications I was doing was for the pike situps and the walking pushups, which was cool.
The other thing I noticed was that I feel that I lost a bit of cardio endurance. A day after I completed my little challenge, I got on the elliptical trainer and I was *dying*. And, on Friday, I went back to the Level 2 Shred workout (by far my favorite) and I really did "gargle my heart" (which Jillian told me she was trying to do). So, while I see the benefits of strength training...I'm not ready to fully give up cardio either.
Finally, I am so.damn.sick of the Level 3 workout. I found myself resisting working out...not because I was tired or sore, but because I was just bored with doing it. I feel like I could recite to you everything she says before she says it.
So, what now? I actually ended up buying three new DVDs...Jillian's Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Spots and The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. BFBM is a 45-minute cardio-based circuit workout. NMTS is 45-minutes of weight-based circuits. I've done the BFBM and it was KILLER...but fun!
My goal is to alternate the Jillian DVDs with elliptical sessions, and do the Yoga DVD on Sundays (or when I couldn't get in a workout in the morning). I'll also throw in the Shred workouts when I need a shorter workout.
I can give little mini-reviews of the DVDs if any one is interested, too.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment