Tuesday, April 7, 2009

the advantages of working out at home

There are many great things about working out at home. No commuting time to the gym. No worries about the weather or the lack of daylight. But perhaps the best reason of all is that, by forgoing being seen in public, you can look as strange as you want to.

This is how I roll:
  • I just got a new haircut that involves face-framing layers and bangs. So my hair is pulled into a incredibly pathetic looking ponytail and I have a headband to keep all the wispy pieces back.
  • Since Level 3 of The Shred involves a lot of planks and pushups, I don't like to wear baggie shirts cause they ride up and get in the way. But most of my shirts *are* baggie. So I take a ponytail holder and pull them tight (a la a Hooters girl).
  • I wear workout shorts...therefore my legs are visible. My pale-as-a-ghost, rarely shaven legs.
  • After working out in my running shoes for too long, I finally broke down and bought a pair of cross-trainers this weekend. Well, they said they were cross-trainers. From their appearance at first glance, it looks like I stole some geriatric walking shoes off a resident of the local nursing home. Not pretty.
Maybe I'll post a picture of my getup for you to get the full visual. Although...in all honesty I think I'd probably be just as embarrased for you to see me like that as I would to post a bathing suit shot. It really is that bad.

In other news, this weekend was a total bust, food-wise (hello buffalo chicken wings, among other yummy splurges!) and I'm seeing it in the scale. My Google 15 moving average has been on a steady incline for the last week or so, as has my daily weigh-in. So tomorrow, I'm definitely heading to my WW meeting to weigh in and refocus again. I definitely need to get back on track, especially with Easter and all the yummy food surrounding this holiday will entail.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I can relate to the workout at home get-up. Since no one sees me working out at home, I have terrible workout clothes. I sometimes even wear my PJs to work.