Friday, April 24, 2009

a banana a day

I work out first thing in the morning. I mean it ... I even lay my clothes out the night before so they are ready to go (thus reducing the time it takes me to work out and increases my amount of sleep). Since I work out so early, I never really ate anything before that. I didn't want to sit around and wait to digest anything and add preciousl minutes to my morning workout routine.

However, after my 13 Day Shred FAIL, I read this article. I figured that since I usually have a banana on my drive into work (and then eat my breakfast at my desk)...I could experiment with eating my banana first thing in the morning and see what happens.

First of all, contrary to my fears, I haven't gotten nauseous eating immediately prior to a work out. No cramps either. So that's been great. But what's more is that my body fat % on my scale has eeked ever so slightly down over the past week or so. Now I know this could be attributed to a wide range of factors (new workout routine, better eating habits, etc.)...but I'm definitely going to continue with the eating first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

Pigtails and Pacifiers said...

i LOVE the fitsugar site. i have never been there before. i have to workout in the afternoon. that is the only time i have someone to watch the girls. i would rather do it in the morning also. i am not a big breakfast person so i drink a slimfast and then i have a banana at 10:30. i read somewhere that the potassium in bananas help to reduce belly fat.