On the one hand, I tried to make the best choices I could food-wise (e.g., fruit for snacks) ... but I definitely indulged (mmmm...fried calamari, beer, wine!).Turns out, I needn't have worried. On my weigh-in day, I was up a pound or two, but by today, I've returned to normal. So, yay! I'm still maintaining.
On the one hand, I didn't work out while I was there ... but I did a lot of walking (often carrying a kid).
The only thing that has suffered in the last week or two is working out. Before the trip, I was frenzied mess of planning and packing and skipped a few workouts. Post trip, I just could not drag myself out of bed. So, I need to get back on track with that ... pronto!
Finally, my eagle-eyed friend, Jenn, noticed in my collage of Disney pictures that I was wearing shorts.
The requesite picture in front of Cinderella's castle.
Not so successful. And can you Photoshop a tan on my legs, please?
For those of you that know me...I have held a very staunch anti-short stance for many years. I did buy a pair of shorts last summer, and bought this pair for Disney...since my usual warm weather uniform of a skirt looks funny with sneakers.
So, I've definitely turned over a new clothing leaf. Though, it's debatable if those can be considered shorts since they pretty much come down to my knee. I think all that's left on my list of clothes I won't wear are tube tops and bikinis. And we can all agree that no one needs to see me in those any time soon!
What about you? Is there an article of clothing (like shorts) that you refuse to wear?
2 comments:
After we moved South, I didn't have a choice...It was shorts or bathe in my own sweat. I was also doing the weight loss thing, and in the end, the shorts were fine...I actually enjoyed them! But the piece of clothing I flatly refused for YEARS was a bikini. In my mind...that ship sailed after two kids...but lo and behold...after careful diet and exercise...last summer I rocked the bikini!
Hi Slacker Mom. I am new to your blog. Found you through a running mom's blog. Love both your sites.
I refuse to wear overalls. Considering that for 31 of my 41 years I lived in TX and Missouri, overalls are something I had to mindfully avoid. I also won't wear pants with pleats (but that goes without saying yes?) and I won't/can't wear those cute, gauzy empire-waisted floral tops because I look pregnant. They are all the rage but pregnant is not a good look on me.
Post a Comment