I realized that I never posted a weigh-in last week...even though I made the effort to go to Weight Watchers on Monday and weighed in on Wednesday with a slight loss. Obviously, I was a bit busy with it being Christmas Eve and having kids and family and all that going on.
That weigh-in on Wednesday morning was the highlight of what can only be called The Week of Gluttony. It was a week-long eating extravaganza that included a Christmas Eve buffet, a delicious Christmas morning breakfast with monkey bread and bacon, a 10-pound roast for Christmas dinner, a pasta dinner with friends, and a baby shower (with cake!) for my sister, as well as the usual suspects of cookies and fudge, beer and wine and absolutely no working out (except for a stroll here and there).
Last night, I polished off the last of the fudge and cleared the fridge out of any leftovers. This morning, I got up and headed into my WW meeting where I found I was up 2 pounds. Yikes! But...the meeting was great this morning (reflecting back on this past year), I'm back tracking my points today, and we've got a reasonably healthy dinner planned for tonight.
And, even if I end up gaining again this week, it'll take me nowhere near where I was this time last year. And for that I'm very thankful (and incredibly proud!).
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment