Wednesday, December 3, 2008

wednesday weigh-in: -0.6 lbs

Knock me over with a feather...I lost weight after Thanksgiving! I was a little stunned when I read the scale this morning, especially after Monday's weigh-in was *not* good. However, I really did have some good strategies to keep things in check.
  • On Thanksgiving, my mother-in-law and I walked in a 5K Turkey Trot. Being active on Thanksgiving made up some of the bad.
  • I only had one plate of Thanksgiving food. The only seconds I had was a spinach and artichoke casserole. I also didn't get any food that didn't really interest me (like stuffing).
  • Though I didn't journal much this weekend, I estimated in my head and kept within range the other days. I assumed most of my flex points were gone by Thursday. So, I made healthy choices elsewhere. Like fish tacos with grilled mahi-mahi at the Tex-Mex place...and Subway for lunch on the way home.
Another thing that kept me from going hog-wild on Thursday? I ate Thanksgiving dinner in my new fancy schmancy jeans. I'm not going to lie...wearing the very symbol of all that I strived for made me think twice about what I was (and was not) going to eat.

And, speaking of those jeans...here are some pictures! I apologize for the haggard appearance of me and the girls. It's been a rough re-entry to the real world this week!

Not sure what I'm doing here...I didn't get much warning that John was taking the picture

A saw me and wanted to get in on the action

Who needs Jillian when you are lifting 2 30+ pound weights!?!?

Awww...

3 comments:

Steel Magnolia said...

K-you look great!! I am so proud of you....

Pigtails and Pacifiers said...

You look wonderful. You should be so proud of yourself. I love your outfit.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You look great in the jeans - The sweater looks nice, too.

Love,
Zams