Knock me over with a feather...I gained this week! I had a great weekend with my family, however I totally overindulged on the food side. But, you know what? They were totally worth it food splurges. It was a belated birthday celebration for Kiki and me...and as per tradition, in lieu of cake we had homemade brownie sundaes (both the brownies AND hot fudge are homemade!) I had this for dessert not once but TWICE. I also had two great dinner made by my amazing chef mom, chips and salsa and fajitas at Rio Grande, and a dinner at Sweetwater.
So, I'm up. No biggie. My only regrets were that (1) I did a lot of grazing during the day and (2) I didn't journal Saturday - Monday. I just have to focus this week and I'll be back down in no time. I ended up working out 5(!) days last week...and I'm gunning for 5 this week, too. A's got up super early this morning, so it might be tough to do...but at least I'm trying.
While my sister was in town, I did end up getting my hot pair of designer jeans. I ended up with a pair Citizens of Humanity jeans...which I need to get hemmed because I'm nowhere near the 100" inseam those badboys have. It was kind of a weird experience, getting those jeans. The key is to buy them snug, so that the stretch and conform to your body. Well, for someone who has just lost 25 pounds and has her pants nearly falling off...snug is a weird feeling to strive for. And, though I tried, I was a little annoyed that my size did not correspond to what I wanted it to be. Luckily, my mom and sis (and two little girls) were there to cheer me on, so they are now in my possession. Pictures will follow once they are hemmed!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you had such a great birthday weekend! Those jeans are gorgeous. Do you know the hemming trick to hem so that they keep their original hem? I used it on my super-expensive-but-dearly-loved seven maternity jeans. Let me know if you want me to share...
You looked great in your new jeans - no hem and all.
Love,
Zams
Shouldn't you cross out #7 now?
Post a Comment