So, I didn't lose the elusive 0.8 lbs to make it an even 25 lbs. But I didn't gain any weight either, which is saying something considering how much we ate out this week (between birthday celebrations, travels to Charlottesville, and the opening of Wegmans).
I went ahead and made it official at Weight Watchers to be at goal. Yes, I'll try and lose that last 0.8 pounds, but at this point, I'm ready to work toward Lifetime. It won't be easy to try and maintain during the winter holidays...but I really think that this will help me stay on track when I otherwise would veer off course.
I have to admit that I'm slightly terrified at the prospect of maintenance. It seems like for a lot of my adult life I've been in some sort of weight loss mode -- either actively trying to lose weight or at least thinking to myself "I really need to get back on the horse." So to get to a point where I'm okay with myself where I am seems so foreign...so scary...so unknown.
On the other hand, I'm excited to be able to let go a bit. I haven't had a chance to figure out my points...but I think it's 4 more a day. How sad is it that my first thought was, "That's 2 glasses of wine!"
The more things change...the more they stay the same.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I can't wait to see at the Clemson game. You must look - and feel - amazing. Congrats, congrats, congrats.
Post a Comment