Tuesday, November 4, 2008

candy update

I was talking to Kiki last night and she asked Halloween in the Slacker house. I told her the girls got quite a bit of loot and we had maybe 5 or so bags of extra candy from the dearth of trick-or-treaters on our street. She asked me how I was doing with all that candy lying around the house. So here's the report.

I had 2 Kit-Kats, 1/2 a Nestle Crunch and some Nerds fed to me by A on Halloween. Since then, nada. Nothing. Zilch. Not even tempted when I give the girls their daily allotment. When John grabbed some tonight, I didn't even flinch.

So what's different this year?

Part of this is that I have my own personal stash of good, dark chocolate that I treat myself to a square or two when I want a treat. Part of this is that most of the candy is sugar-y (think Nerds and Starburst) and not my downfall, chocoalate-y (think Snickers or Nestle Crunch). Part of it is that it's *not* forbidden. If I want it, fine, I'll have some. I just have to write it down. But, I won't have fallen off the wagon or sabotaged myself by eating it. I will have just had some candy.

Now, when I make a batch of ice cream with the unopened bag of fun sized M&M's...all bets are off.

No comments: