So, a while back I ordered the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. The DVD was supposed to be done for 30 days straight as you moved from Level 1 up to Level 3. Doing so would "shred" your body.
Except I didn't follow the plan.
I'm one of those die-hard cardio queens that has a hard time giving up the uber-sweaty lure of the ellipitical for weight-lifting. So, for the past few months, I've been aiming to do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of Jillian. And all was going pretty well.
In my recent meanderings around the blogosphere, I saw there was a group of bloggers who actually did the 30 Day Shred as intended (10 days straight at each level)...and the results were amazing! So, I figured that I'd try to do the program in earnest. Since I was already doing the program consistently at Level 2, I figured I would pop up to Level 3 for 2 weeks and see what happens.
Whoa nelly! Level 3 is an ass-kicker. While it's not as hard, cardio-wise...the moves in it are killer. Walking planks...travelling push-ups...jumping lunges...I like my pain in one place, thankyouverymuch. I'm a little concerned on how I'm going to keep this up for 11 more days in a row, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm curious to hear your results - I too have that DVD and only do it 2 days a week with running on the other days. I haven't ventured up to level 3, as I've only had it for a month or so. I usually do it while C is playing on the laptop nearby and he critiques my form and complains that he wants me to do level 3... Keep us posted.
Ok Katie, I am really, really out of shape. I bought the 30 Day Shred and the first 10 minutes killed me so I have decided to treadmill it for awhile to build up a little endurance and then try it again! Wish me luck. Marguerite
Post a Comment