On Sunday night, we had Bulkogi for dinner. It's a Korean dish that we've been having in my family for years. Even my uber-picky sister ate this dish. The girls eat this...John loves it. Not only that, it's really easy to make, even on a weeknight! And because it uses flank steak, it's pretty economical *and* lean.
Score!
I just typed it up for my cousin, Marguerite, so I figured I'd let you in on a delish new dish to try...
Bulkogi
This is enough marinade for one flank steak...double/triple depending on how many you are cooking.
1/3 c soy sauce
2 green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T sugar
2 T vinegar, sake or sherry wine (I use vinegar)
1 T sesame oil
3 (or more dashes) cayenne pepper
Mix marinade and pour over a scored flank steak (I dump it in a ziploc baggie). Let marinade overnight or for at least a few hours.
Grill the steak to your desired doneness. Allow to rest and slice against the grain.
Boil the marinade for at least 3 minutes. Use this as a sauce for the steak.
We served this with Joy of Cooking's basmatti rice pilaf (which is super easy and delish) and green beans.
Bon apetit!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment